Thank you for your interest in having your event listed on the Things To Do In New Jersey Calendar of Events. Each month, Things To Do In New Jersey reaches an average of over 130,000 readers through our website and social media channels with great information on fun and exciting New Jersey events and activities! As a result, we receive numerous requests to add events to our Calendar of Events. We are happy to be able to help spread the news about New Jersey events that fit the mission of Things To Do In New Jersey. However, due to operating costs, we are unable to list every event free of charge. To have your event included on the Things To Do In New Jersey Calendar of Events, please read the information below.
Things To Do In New Jersey
Calendar of Events Publication Standards
- Events on the Things To Do In New Jersey Calendar of Events must take place in New Jersey and meet our standards for publication. We do not publish political events, garage sales, flea markets, professional conferences or conventions, seminars, networking events, or events that are pornographic or profane. The editors at Things To Do In New Jersey reserve the right to reject any event listing that we do not feel is a good fit for the scope and spirit of our business.
- Events that cost $8 or less per person are listed for free. There is a charge to list events that are more than $8 to attend. (Fees are listed below.)
- Complimentary event listings are listed on the Calendar of Events and may be included in other seasonal event listings as deemed appropriate by an editor. No other advertising services are included and – in most cases – no additional publicity will be granted through Things To Do In New Jersey email services or social media channels (rare exceptions may be made by an editor as deemed newsworthy and as our editorial calendar allows). Other advertising options are available for event publicity – see “Other Advertising Options For Events” below.
- For our purposes, an “event” is defined as a happening with a limited time frame of no more than one week or seven dates. For example… A community festival lasting one or two days IS considered an “event”. A county fair lasting seven days IS considered an “event”. A theatre production with seven different show dates Is considered an “event”. Pumpkin picking hayrides at a local farm taking place throughout the fall season are NOT considered an “event”. Comedy shows taking place at a local comedy club on a regular basis are NOT considered an “event”. Things To Do In New Jersey does have other advertising options available for activities that we do not define as events. Contact us here for details.
Fees for Listing an Event
Things To Do In New Jersey does not charge to list events that are $8 or less to attend per person. Organizations may list up to 3 free events in one month. If you have more than 3 free events to list in a month or if you wish to list an event that costs more than $8 to attend, please consider purchasing one of the following event listing options:
- Single Event Listing – $20 for one event.
- Event Listing Three Pack – $50 for 3 events within a 3 month period.
- Six Month Event Listing Package – $100 for 6 months (up to 50 events)
- One Year Event Listing Package – $175 per year (up to 100 events)
Event Packages are non-refundable. Credits will not be issued if the client does not utilize their event listing allotments, nor will fees be pro-rated.
Other Advertising Options for Events:
Sponsored Event Announcements
If you wish to reach a larger audience, you may purchase a sponsored event announcement which will be published as a stand-alone post optimized for search engine results, emailed to our subscriber list of over 1700 members, and publicized via social media channels including Facebook , Twitter, and Google+. Your sponsored event announcement would allow for an expanded description of your event (300-500 words) as well as the inclusion of photos and even embedded video (photos/video must be supplied by client). This creates a more visually appealing presentation for potential event attendees. Sponsored event announcements are published one to two weeks prior to the date of the event. Rates for sponsored event announcements are as follows:
- $25 for events with a cost of $8 or less
- $30 for events that cost $8 – $25 per person
- $50 for events that cost more than $25 per person.
Another advertising option for event organizers wishing to reach a larger audience is to purchase a 125 x 125 sidebar ad on our website. This ad will appear on the sidebar of all posts and pages on the Things To Do In New Jersey website for a period of 30 days. Sidebar ads may be purchased at the following rates:
- $50 for a term of 30 days
- $135 for a term of 90 days
- $250 for a term of 180 days (one free month)
- $500 for a term of one year (includes two free months)
How to Submit an Event to the
Things To Do In New Jersey Calendar of Events
To list your event on the Things To Do In New Jersey Calendar of Events we need:
- Event Name
- Event Date
- Event Start / End Time
- Specific address of event location
- Cost of Event
- A description of the event in 100 words or less.
- A link to the website where our readers can learn more about the event.
- Your contact information – name, phone number, email address, billing address (so that we may contact you for billing and any questions we may have regarding your event).
Please send the above information to us via email. Once you have submitted your event, it will be reviewed to confirm that it meets our guidelines and publication standards. If your event is accepted for publication and does not require payment, it will be published within 5 days of submission. If your event is accepted for publication and requires payment, we will contact you to confirm acceptance and arrange for payment. Our preferred payment method is PayPal, however checks are accepted. Your event will not be published until payment has been received and (in the case of checks) funds have cleared.
Ready to get your event listed with Things To Do In New Jersey? Have more questions? Click HERE to email us!